This course prepares you for an immediate position in banks, credit companies, private and public insurance establishments, investment firms, and other financial establishments throughout the private and public sectors.
Learn banking procedures and terminology, communications, fraud prevention, current banking regulations, daily transaction balancing and processing, customer needs recognition, and become familiar with government compliance regulations. Also, develop exemplary customer service techniques.
Bank Teller Certificate Program Subjects are:
- Role of the bank teller
- Regulations and policies
- Individual and business deposit products
- Individual and business loan products
- Cash handling, cash audit, and cash drawer contents
- Check, special checks, and check cashing
- Payment forms; partial, additional, and late charge payment
- Withdrawals and identification
- Money orders and traveler’s checks
- Credit card cash advance and large cash transactions
- Suspicious activity and check-related schemes
- Compliance with demands
- Deterring a robbery description report form
- Customer service
- Job assistance
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (or equivalent) or mature student status (19 years of age or older and out of school for 1 year or more)
After completion of this certificate program students may work with a title of Actuarial Clerk, Bank Clerk, Credit Clerk, Dental Claims Clerk, Dividend Calculation Clerk, Insurance Clerk, Insurance Rater, Ledger Control Clerk, Loan Clerk, Mortgage Clerk, Premium Rater, Real Estate Clerk, Securities Clerk, Call Centre Representative.