This ARDMS License Exam Preparation Course is conducted to prepare students to write the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) exam.
This is a comprehensive course on all aspects of the obstetrical ultrasound. Students will get familiar with the atlas of ultrasound images depicting normal anatomy, techniques, common artifacts and interpretation pitfalls, and pathologies.
The course is organized into four modules. An open-book assignment consisting of fifty multiple-choice questions is to be completed by the students at the end of each module and returned to the school for marking. The course is completed by taking a closed-book final examination which serves as a warm-up for the Obstetrics portion of the registry examination in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
• Safety of Ultrasound and Bioeffects
• Clinical Indications
• Clinical Manifestations of Pregnancy
• Pertinent Reproductive History
• Ultrasound in the Evaluation of Early Pregnancy
• Early Embryologic Development
• Early Pregnancy Failure
• Ectopic Pregnancy
• Gestational Trophoblastic Disease
• Pelvic Masses Associated with Pregnancy
• Estimation of Fetal Age and Growth
• Fetal Growth Disorders
• Multiple Pregnancy
• Prenatal Diagnosis
• Antepartum Fetal Assessment
• Maternal Disorders Complicating Pregnancy
• Amniotic Fluid
• Umbilical Cord
• Normal Fetus
• Fetal Anomalies