This ARDMS License Exam Preparation Course is conducted to prepare students to write the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) exam.
This is a comprehensive course on all aspects of gynecological ultrasound. Students will get familiar with the atlas of ultrasound images depicting normal anatomy, techniques, common artifacts and interpretation pitfalls, and pathologies.
The course is organized into four modules. An open-book assignment consisting of fifty multiple-choice questions is to be completed by students at the end of each module and returned to the school for marking. The course is completed by taking a closed-book final examination which serves as a warm-up for the Gynecology portion of the registry examination in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
• Image Interpretation
• Pelvic Anatomy
• Reproductive Physiology
• Diagnostic and Therapeutic Procedures Related to Gynecology
• Abnormalities of the Ovary
• Miscellaneous Pelvic Masses
• Post surgical Fluid Collections
• Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
• Acute Appendicitis
• Abnormalities of the Lower Urinary Tract
• Postpartum Patients
• Post hysterectomy Patients
• Radiotherapy and Chemotherapy Patients
• Abnormalities of the Gastrointestinal Tract
• Intrauterine Contraceptive Devices
• Congenital Anomalies of the Uterus and Vagina
• Acquired Abnormalities of the Uterine Corpus, Cervix, and Vagina
• Abnormalities of the Endometrium
• Postmenopausal Patients
• Pediatric Patients
• Extra Pelvic Pathologies Associated with Gynecological Diseases